Thai Red Curry with Shrimp and Pineapple
- 1 can (398 mL) coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Thai fish sauce
- 2 kaffir lime leaves* (optional)
- 1 can (227 mL) pineapple tidbits, with juice
- 1 red pepper, sliced into julienne
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, ends trimmed, and halved
- 1/2 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
2. Stir in curry paste, sugar, fish sauce and lime leaves, bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium and let simmer until curry paste and sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
3. Add in the pineapple, red pepper, snap peas and shrimp, cook until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through, about 5 minutes, depending on the size of the shrimp.
4. Remove the kaffir lime leaves and serve.
Tip: You can substitute thinly sliced chicken or beef for the shrimp, cooking times will vary though.