Salami and Onion Matzoh Brei Frittata
- 6 pieces of unsalted matzoh
- 6 large eggs
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cups Kosher beef salami, cut into small cubes
- 2 Tbsp.vegetable oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- Preheat your ovens broiler.
- Into a colander, break the matzoh into small pieces, about 1-inch in size. Rinse the matzoh under hot tap water until the pieces are softened, about 1-2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the matzoh pieces until coated well with the egg.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and saute the onions until softened and slightly golden, add the salami and continue to cook until the salami starts to crisp. Turn the heat to high and add in the matzoh and egg mixture. Stir to combine, then using the spatula, flatten the mixture.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake under the broiler until the top is golden and the eggs have cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with some salt pepper, and some fresh chopped parsley and serve.