Healthy, Baked Veal Schnitzel
- 4 veal cutlets, pounded thin (most grocery stores carry already pounded cutlets)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- lemon slices for garnish
2. Place the egg, flour and panko into separate bowls, or shallow dishes. Season the flour with salt and pepper and mix the parsley with the bread crumbs.
3. Dredge each cutlet with flour, shake of the excess then dip in the egg before coating with the panko breadcrumbs.
4. Place each breaded cutlet onto a parchment lined cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray, spray the tops of the cutlets with more cooking spray then place in the oven.
5. Bake until the veal is cooked through and the coating is brown and crisp, about 25 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time.
6. Serve with the lemon slices to squeeze on top.