Maple Glazed Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on
- 3/4 cup good quality maple syrup
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- good quality sea salt
2. Heat a non stick pan over medium high heat, add the oil and then the salmon, skin side down. Cook until the skin in crispy and the bottom of the flesh is starting to turn pink, about 3-5 minutes. Don't flip the fish, it will cook through without flipping, and flipping will ruin maple glaze. This will make a medium cooked salmon, if you prefer a well done cooked fish, cover the pan and cook for about 2 minutes longer.
3. Remove from the pan, sprinkle with a little sea salt and serve on top of the salad.
Citrus Dressed Mixed Green and Apple Salad
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 green apple, cut into julienne
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 4 cups mixed greens
2. In a large bowl toss the mixed greens with the apple, onion and dressing.
3. Serve with the salmon.
*Tip: To save time, you can use a store bought salad dressing. If you can't find a citrus based dressing, a simple oil and vinegar will go as well.