Filet Mignon with Creamy, Dijon, Peppercorn Sauce
- 2 Filet Mignon steaks (about 6 oz./1/4 lb. each)
- 1 tsp. each sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. grainy dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. green peppercorns, drained (can be found in a jar, or can, packed in a vinegar and water mixture)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
2. Heat a skillet over high heat on the stove. Make sure you have your ventilation system working.
3. Add the oil to the pan, then sear the steaks until browned on each side, about 30 seconds a side. Lower the heat to medium and continue to cook until desired doneness, about 3 minutes for medium-rare.
4. Remove the steaks to a plate and allow to rest.
5. Into the pan, stir in the Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, green peppercorns and cream. Cook for 2 minutes, until cream has reduced and peppercorns have heated through.
6. Pour the sauce over the steaks and serve.