Mexican Rice Bowl
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup long grain, white rice
- 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder or Tex Mex seasoning
- 1 can (341ml.) corn niblets
- 1 can (540 ml.) black, pinto or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (127ml.) green chilies, drained (found in the Mexican food aisle)
- 1 can (796 ml.) chopped tomatoes with liquid
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- grated cheese, sour cream and sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients, and stir to combine. Bring up to boil, then lower heat to medium-low, cover and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is evaporated and the rice is cooked, about 15 minutes.
3. Place into individual bowls, top with some grated cheese, sour cream and green onions.