Flank Steak with Balsamic Onions
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. steak spice
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1.5 lbs of flank steak
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
2. Place the steak in a casserole dish and prick the top many times with a fork before pouring over the ketchup mixture, let marinate for at least an hour for as long as overnight.
3. Preheat the broiler on your oven.
4.Remove the steak from the marinade and place on an aluminum lined baking sheet, place on the top rack of the oven, about 6 inches away from the broiler, for 20 minutes for a medium cooked steak.
4. Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan over medium high heat, add the olive oil and onions and saute until softened, turn the heat to low and let cook until onions start to become golden and caramelized. Pour in the remaining balsamic vinegar and continue to cook, until the vinegar has reduced and turned to a syrupy consistency. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
5. Remove the steak from the oven and place on a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
6. Slice the steak into thin slices, making sure to cut across the grain of the meat. Place on a serving platter and top with balsamic onions.