In honour of the 2011 Superbowl (or the Snackbowl as it is referred to in my family) here is my Spinach Dip recipe. It is sure to be a crowd pleaser at any Superbowl party, whether you are actually watching the game, or just the Black Eyed Peas.
Warm Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 1 package (300g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, excess water squeezed out
- 1 can (398 mL) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 Cup finely diced red onion
- 1 package (250 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 Cups mayonnaise (I use Hellman's half the fat)
- 1 Cup plus 1/4 cup shredded cheese (various cheeses can be used, I find the best are cheddar or asiago)
- Siracha chili sauce or Frank's Red Hot sauce to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
2. Place all the ingredients, reserving the 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese, into a large mixing bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
3. Transfer the dip into an ovenproof baking or casserole dish and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
4. Place in the oven and bake until heated through and cheese ontop is melted and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
5. Serve with your favorite dippers!!!