- 1 cup packed parsley leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 Tbsp. chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes (or more if you like heat)
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 chicken, cut into 4 pieces (breast and legs), excess fat removed
- Combine all the ingredients except for the chicken in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade and pour the rest over the chicken and marinate, covered for up to 8 hours.
- Preheat your bbq to high heat. Remove chicken from the marinade and grill until juices run clear (about 6 minutes/side if using bone in chicken) Alternatively, the chicken can be baked in the oven at 400 for about 18-20 minutes.
- Drizzle the 1/4 cup of sauce over the chicken before serving.
|I forgot to take a picture so here is one from www.epicurious.com of Chimichurri sauce with steak. My sauce pretty much looked the same.|