This past weekend my friend asked me to make some macarons for a bridal shower she was throwing. Macarons can be very temperamental but I was very happy with the way they turned out.
Last night, after flipping through the channels only to find nothing interesting on TV, I headed into the kitchen and decided to make a batch for myself with the leftover ingredients. Inspired by the bright pink peonies I picked from my garden a few days ago, I went with a pink cookie with a strawberry frosting for the center.
For the filling I made a delicious, yet rich strawberry frosting. Here is the recipe:
Strawberry Frosting (For cookies, cakes, cupcakes and eating off a spoon)
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. good quality strawberry preserves
- 1- 1.5 cups icing sugar
- Place the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment and mix until fluffy.
- Stop the machine and add the preserves. Mix until combined.
- Turn the machine to low, and while running, slowly add the icing sugar, 1/2 cup at a time until desired consistency is achieved. The more sugar you add the more dense the frosting.
- Turn the machine to high and mix for another minute until fluffy.