I chose to use a flank steak. I marinaded the steak the night before, then we grilled it up on the BBQ, before slicing it up and serving it with tortillas and traditional taco toppings. YUM!
Smoky Chipotle and Lime Flank Steak
- 1 flank steak (about 2 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup smoky BBQ sauce (like this one)
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1-2 Tbsp. pureed chipotle in adobo sauce (use more or less depending on your taste)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Place the steak into a large zip-lock bag.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the steak. Make sure the steak is covered and refrigerate over night.
- Before grilling, remove the steak from the fridge to take the chill off.
- Heat your grill to high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade and grill until cooked to desired doneness (about 4 minutes per side for medium rare).
- While the steak is grilling, pour the extra marinade into a small saucepan. Place over medium-high heat on the stove and bring to a boil, lower heat and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the grill and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Thinly slice the steak and serve with your choice of taco accompaniments including the sauce made from the leftover marinade.