Chipotle Chicken Tostadas
- 1/4 cup smooth style chipotle salsa ( I used Herdez brand)
- 1/4 cup regular salsa
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- salsa, sour cream and guacamole for garnish
- cooking spray
2. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Celsius. Place the chicken breasts on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the oven until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. Place the tortillas onto a cookie sheet and spray lightly with cooking spray. Place in the oven and bake until just starting to crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and turn the broiler on.
4. Once cooled, slice the chicken breasts into thin slices. Set aside.
5. Onto each tortilla, spread with a 1/4 of the refried beans, 1/4 of the chicken, and 1/4 of the cheese.
6. Place the tostadas under the broiler until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Remove from oven and top with some shredded lettuce, chopped red onions and chopped tomatoes. Garnish with salsa, sour cream and guacamole and serve.