My Cheater Pad Thai
- 2 Tbsp. Oyster sauce
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Thai fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 package of pad thai noodles (454g/1 lb.)
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- lime wedges for garnish
2. Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit until noodles are slightly softened, drain and set aside.
3. Heat a wok or large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and garlic and fry until garlic starts to become golden.
4. Add the chicken and cook until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
5. Add the eggs and lightly scramble. Once the eggs are almost cooked through add the noodles and toss.
6. Pour in the ketchup mixture and continue to cook while tossing until heated through. Add the bean sprouts and green onions and cook for one minute longer.
7. Place onto a serving platter and sprinkle with the chopped peanuts and garnish with lime wedges.
photo courtesy of www.foodnetwork.ca