Roasted Potato Salad with Lemon and Dill Dressing
Serves 6 as a side
- 3 lbs. baby potatoes, sliced in half lengthwise (I used this bag of coloured baby potatoes)
- 2 Tbsp. plus 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. grainy dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 cup chopped dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large baking sheet in your oven and pre-heat to 450 degrees F.
- While the oven is preheating, toss the potatoes with the 2 Tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl
- Once the oven is preheated, carefully pull out the baking sheet and pour the seasoned potatoes on the sheet. Place in the oven and roast until cooked through and crispy, flipping halfway through cooking about 25 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, whisk together the shallots with the lemon juice, zest, mustard and honey. While whisking slowly pour in the remaining olive oil until the dressing is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, transfer into a large mixing bowl, while still warm toss with the dressing and the chopped dill.
- The salad can be served warm or at room temperature.