Best Cookies Ever
Makes about 2 dozen
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Skor bits (or just dump in the whole bag like I did)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugars together until creamy and smooth. Add vanilla, water and the egg and continue to mix until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture a little bit at a time until completely combined. Turn the mixer off, remove the bowl and stir in the Skor bits (or whatever you are using).
- Using a teaspoon or a small ice cream scoop, place rounds of the cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet spacing the cookies about 1 inch apart.
- Place in the oven and bake until light golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a baking rack (or eat while still warm like I do!)