This weekend I used up some zucchini in a zucchini-date loaf and last night I used up some more in a delicious and simple zucchini flat bread to accompany some pasta for dinner.
Serves 4 as an accompaniment to a meal
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large clove of garlic, chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- small handful of parsley, chopped
- 1 store bought pizza or flat bread crust
- 1 green zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- drizzle of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, garlic, lemon zest and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the crust onto a baking sheet drizzled with olive oil. Spread the ricotta mixture onto the crust and top with the zucchini rounds and red onion.
- Drizzle the flatbread with some more olive oil and place in the oven. Bake until the crust is golden and crisp and the cheese is bubbly, about 15 minutes.