Whether you are celebrating passover or not whip up a batch today and you will not be disappointed.
Dark Chocolate and Fleur de Sel Matzoh Crunch
- 6 pieces of unsalted matzoh
- 1 1/2 cups butter (or margarine)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 100g bar of good quality dark chocolate
- a few pinches of fleur de sel or other flaky salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lay the matzoh onto a parchment lined baking sheet (you may have to use more than one) and set aside. You can break some of the pieces of matzoh in half to fit more onto a tray
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter or margarine with the brown sugar until melted. Raise the heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally until starting to thicken, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the pieces of matzoh and spread using a spatula until all the pieces of matzoh are fully covered. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden.
- While the matzoh is baking, melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave in 30 second intervals, being very careful not to let it burn.
- Remove the matzoh from the oven and let cool for 2 minutes then lightly sprinkle with the fleur de sel. Allow to cool for another few minutes and then generously drizzle the chocolate over.
- Allow the chocolate to harden at room temperature for about 30 minutes and then break the matzoh into small pieces.