This sauce goes great with fresh Fettuccine as well.
Ravioli with Sweet Corn, Leeks and Bacon
- 4 ears of corn, shucked, kernels removed
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup cream
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs of thyme, leaves removed and roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 lb. package of ricotta and spinach ravioli
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Hot sauce to taste
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- In the meantime, in a blender or food processor combine 1 cup of the corn kernels with the broth and cream. Blend until combined and set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat, add the bacon and cook until just starting to crisp. Add the leeks, garlic and thyme. Cook until softened and the leeks are lightly brown, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the red pepper and remaining cornand cook until pepper is soft and corn is cooked through about 3-5 minutes. Pour in the broth mixture, stirring to combine. Lower heat and let simmer while you cook the pasta.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Check the seasoning of the sauce and adjust with salt, pepper and hot sauce, stir in parsley. Toss the seasoned sauce with the drained pasta and top freshly grated Parmesan cheese before serving.