Serves 1 with leftovers, or 2
- 1 tsp. plus 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes, roughly chopped
- a few basil leaves, torn
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
2. Place the chicken breasts in between 2 pieces of saran wrap. Using a mallet, frying pan or rolling pin, pound the chicken into thin cutlets.
3. Separate the flour, egg and bread crumbs into three separate bowls. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken pieces first in the flour, then the beaten egg, followed by the bread crumbs. Set aside.
4. Heat a large fry pan over medium-heat. Add the remaining 2 Tbsp. of olive oil into the pan and swirl to coat. Pan fry the chicken breasts until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes a side.
4. Place the chicken onto a plate or serving platter and top with the tomato mixture. Top with the torn basil.
Tonight I served the chicken breast on top of some baby arugula and threw some goat cheese on top! Delish!